- Buy a new computer
- Upgrade your existing computer
- Troubleshoot your computer hardware components
- Want to maximize your computer’s performance
- then you should know about computer hardware
Day 1 – What is a Computer?
Get to know ‘What is a Computer?’ in a practical way
Day 2 – Why we need a computer?
Common uses of Computer
- Office Applications
- Multimedia consumption
- Multimedia creation
Basic components of computer
Get to know about the basic or internal components and external components of a computer with an interesting real-life example
Day 4 – What is a processor?
Processor decides the maximum speed of a computer but the bottleneck of performance of the computer may not be the processor. What is bottleneck?
Day 5 – How processor works? What are its applications?
There are 3 types of budget PC users.
- Casual users
- Mid-range Gamers
- Media Creators
For what price they each should buy a processor?
- How to choose the processor you need?
- How to find whether you need more cores or higher clock speed?
- What is a motherboard?
- What are the functions of North and South Bridge?
- Why North bridge is moved inside processor?
- What is a socket, RAM slot etc?
If you have a tight budget or surplus money, you can decide between a faster Processor or feature rich Motherboard. That is a costly processor or motherboard?
- Is Onboard graphics enough for your games and video playback?
- If not, Do you know about APU?
- So, When can you opt for an APU? and Where APU is not an option?
- Find out whether your PC can play HD or Full HD resolution videos.
- Is your PC HD Ready?
- How RAM looks like?
- Where is it situated?
- How does it work, when compared to real-life situations?
- What’s the real need of RAM?
- Minimum and recommended amount of RAM you need if you’re a Media consumption user or Media creator or Gamer or 3D Modelling software user.
- How to find out, “What amount of RAM you need to add?”
Graphic cards are not only meant for playing games and watching videos, they have lot many uses. Want to know What are they?
There are 2 major players in Graphic card industry. They are AMD and NVIDIA. Let’s see some facts about them.
- What’s inside a HDD?
- What happens to HDD when you shut down your PC improperly?
- How to measure the speed of HDD?
- Why SSDs are not popular?
- Difference between SATA vs. IDE.
- Advantages and disadvantages of SSD and HDD
- What is an optical disc drive?
- How does an optical drive look like?
- Do you know how a CD works?
- Have you ever noted like this “52X” written on a CD or CD drive?
Day 18 – What is a PSU? Why we need it?
- Where PSU is located inside a cabinet?
- How it will look like?
- Why we need it?
- What power rating do we need?
- Problems faced in a PSU
- Symptoms of a PSU failure
External components of computer
Day 19 – What is a UPS? Why we need it?
- How a UPS will look like?
- Why a similar rated PC UPS is so cheaper than a Home UPS?
- How a prolonged usage in UPS mode can damage your PC?
- Why PC UPS batteries have shorter life span?
- Why Monitor is needed?
- What are the drawbacks in CRT?
- LCD TV vs LCD monitor
- Benefits of LCD Monitors vs. CRT
- LCD vs. LED Monitors
- Merits and Demerits of Projectors
- What is the main purpose of the Monitor that you’re going to buy?
- Important criteria that you’d see when you opt for a new Monitor based on your usage and application
- What is keyboard and mouse?
- How much you should you spend for a Keyboard and Mouse?
- Why’d you practice to use Keyboard often?
- What is a cabinet?
- What are the common problems faced in a cheap cabinet?
- Why you’d invest more in cabinets?
- What will you get in a budget branded cabinets?
- What is a cooler?
- Why’d you go for an aftermarket cooler?
- What will you do if there are no Buying Guides?
- What is benchmarking?
- Why’d we use Benchmarks?
- How to use Forums?
- How to decide through User reviews?
- Why you’d clean your PC regularly?
- What will happen if you don’t clean your PC?
- How to do the Basic and Advanced cleaning process in 9 easy steps?
- Why’d you buy PC components online?
- What will I do, if the seller doesn’t ship the item after I pay for it?
- Cancellation of order or refund of money
- Returns and Replacements
- 7 steps to do a test purchase on online stores?
- 2 easy ways to find whether the online shopping site is legit?
- How to track a lost courier parcel?
- Collect Details about latest processors
- Set Price range
- Compare benchmarks and finalize a processor
- How to select your motherboard?
- How to find the socket?
- Which Chipset you’d choose?
- Features Required / Offered
- Price range and expandability
- Reliable Brands
- 5 easy steps to choose the right Graphic card for you
- 2 strategies to buy a Graphic card, if you’re under a tight budget