Why you’d know about Computer Hardware?
- Buy a new computer
- Upgrade your existing computer
- Troubleshoot your computer hardware components
- Want to maximize your computer’s performance
- then you should know about computer hardware
What is a computer?
Get to know ‘What is a Computer?’ in a practical way
Why we need a computer?
Common uses of Computer
- Office Applications
- Multimedia consumption
- Multimedia creation
What are all the basic parts of a computer?
Get to know about the basic or internal components and external components of a computer with an interesting real-life example
What is a processor?
Processor decides the maximum speed of a computer but the bottleneck of performance of the computer may not be the processor. What is bottleneck?
How processor works? What are its applications?
There are 3 types of budget PC users.
- Casual users
- Mid-range Gamers
- Media Creators
For what price they each should buy a processor?
Who are the big bosses in processor industry? Which one you’d choose?
- How to choose the processor you need?
- How to find whether you need more cores or higher clock speed?
Day 7 – What is a motherboard? How it works?
- What is a motherboard?
- What are the functions of North and South Bridge?
- Why North bridge is moved inside processor?
- What is a socket, RAM slot etc?
Day 8 – Which one should I choose? A Costly Processor or Motherboard?
If you have a tight budget or surplus money, you can decide between a faster Processor or feature rich Motherboard. That is a costly processor or motherboard?
Day 9 – What is an Onboard Graphics? What is an APU?
- Is Onboard graphics enough for your games and video playback?
- If not, Do you know about APU?
- So, When can you opt for an APU? and Where APU is not an option?
Day 10 – How to check whether your PC is HD ready?
- Find out whether your PC can play HD or Full HD resolution videos.
- Is your PC HD Ready?
Day 11 – What is RAM? Why we need it? How it works?
- How RAM looks like?
- Where is it situated?
- How does it work, when compared to real-life situations?
- What’s the real need of RAM?
Day 12 – How much RAM will you need? How to improve the speed of PC using RAM?
- Minimum and recommended amount of RAM you need if you’re a Media consumption user or Media creator or Gamer or 3D Modelling software user.
- How to find out, “What amount of RAM you need to add?”
Day 13 – What is a Graphic card? Why we need a Graphic card? How it works?
Graphic cards are not only meant for playing games and watching videos, they have lot many uses. Want to know What are they?
Day 14 – Who are big bosses in Graphic card manufacturing? Which one should you prefer?
There are 2 major players in Graphic card industry. They are AMD and NVIDIA. Let’s see some facts about them.
Day 15 – What is a Hard Disk Drive? Why we need it?
- What’s inside a HDD?
- What happens to HDD when you shut down your PC improperly?
- How to measure the speed of HDD?
Day 16 – What is an SSD? How it’s better than HDD? How SSD Works?
- Why SSDs are not popular?
- Difference between SATA vs. IDE.
- Advantages and disadvantages of SSD and HDD
Day 17 – What are all the types of optical disk drives available for a computer?
- What is an optical disc drive?
- How does an optical drive look like?
- Do you know how a CD works?
- Have you ever noted like this “52X” written on a CD or CD drive?
Day 18 – What is a PSU? Why we need it?
- Where PSU is located inside a cabinet?
- How it will look like?
- Why we need it?
- What power rating do we need?
- Problems faced in a PSU
- Symptoms of a PSU failure
External components of computer
Day 19 – What is a UPS? Why we need it?
- How a UPS will look like?
- Why a similar rated PC UPS is so cheaper than a Home UPS?
- How a prolonged usage in UPS mode can damage your PC?
- Why PC UPS batteries have shorter life span?
Day 20 – What is a Monitor? What are its Types?
- Why Monitor is needed?
- What are the drawbacks in CRT?
- LCD TV vs LCD monitor
- Benefits of LCD Monitors vs. CRT
- LCD vs. LED Monitors
- Merits and Demerits of Projectors
Day 21 – What are the Important Aspects to see before Buying a Monitor?
- What is the main purpose of the Monitor that you’re going to buy?
- Important criteria that you’d see when you opt for a new Monitor based on your usage and application
Day 22 – Why do we need a keyboard and mouse? What are the latest advancements?
- What is keyboard and mouse?
- How much you should you spend for a Keyboard and Mouse?
- Why’d you practice to use Keyboard often?
Day 23 – Why do we need a branded cabinet and coolers?
- What is a cabinet?
- What are the common problems faced in a cheap cabinet?
- Why you’d invest more in cabinets?
- What will you get in a budget branded cabinets?
- What is a cooler?
- Why’d you go for an aftermarket cooler?
Day 24 – How to Buy PC Components without using Buying Guides?
- What will you do if there are no Buying Guides?
- What is benchmarking?
- Why’d we use Benchmarks?
- How to use Forums?
- How to decide through User reviews?
Day 25 – 9 Easy Steps to Clean Motherboard and other Components of Computer?
- Why you’d clean your PC regularly?
- What will happen if you don’t clean your PC?
- How to do the Basic and Advanced cleaning process in 9 easy steps?
Day 26 – 3 Fears Restricting Buyers from Online Shopping in India
- Why’d you buy PC components online?
- What will I do, if the seller doesn’t ship the item after I pay for it?
- Cancellation of order or refund of money
- Returns and Replacements
Day 27 – How to choose an online shopping site? Difficulties faced in it?
- 7 steps to do a test purchase on online stores?
- 2 easy ways to find whether the online shopping site is legit?
- How to track a lost courier parcel?
Day 28 – 3 Quick Steps to choose a new Computer Processor?
- Collect Details about latest processors
- Set Price range
- Compare benchmarks and finalize a processor
Day 29 – 5 Things to See When you Buy Motherboard
- How to select your motherboard?
- How to find the socket?
- Which Chipset you’d choose?
- Features Required / Offered
- Price range and expandability
- Reliable Brands
Day 30 – How to Buy the right Graphic Card within your Budget?
- 5 easy steps to choose the right Graphic card for you
- 2 strategies to buy a Graphic card, if you’re under a tight budget